Coso Rock Art: A New Perspective Elva Younkin, editor
1998, Maturango Museum, paper
182 pages, color photo cover, 28 b/w photos, 4 illustrations, 11 tables, 2 maps, 7" x 10"
A collection of essays on the remarkable petroglyphs of the Coso Range located on the China Lake
Naval Weapons Center north of the town of Ridgecrest in southern California.
Preface by Paul Bahn and Introduction by Frank Bock.
Chapter titles and their authors include:
- At Home in the Land of Fire, Thomas Curwen
- The History of California Rock Art Studies: A View from the Coso Range, C. William Clewlow, Jr.
- History and Prehistory of the Coso Range: The Native American Past on the Western Edge of the Great Basin, David S. Whitley
- Age Determination of the Coso Rock Art, Ronald I. Dorn
- Rock Art Styles of the Coso Range: Some Considerations for Their Definition, Raphael X. Reichert
- Meaning and Metaphor in the Coso Petroglyphs: Understanding Great Basin Rock Art, David S. Whitley
- Conclusions, Clement W. Meighan
Coffee Table |
Book Links |
Used & Misc |
Order Form |
Order Info |
Last update: 21 April 2006