Rock Art Papers, Volume 14, Ken Hedges, editor
1999, San Diego Museum Papers No.36, paper
156 pages, 106 b/w photos, 75 figures, 5 maps, 4 tables, 8-1/2" x 11"
Titles in this volume include papers from the Rock Art '96, '97 and '98 meetings.
- Stylistic Transition in Grand Canyon Rock Art: Some Hypotheses Regarding the Grand Canyon Polychrome Style, Jerry Dickey and Don D. Christensen
- Dark Zone and Twilight Zone Pictographs in U-Bar Cave, Southwestern New Mexico, John Greer and Mavis Greer
- Pigeon Scratchings: Historic Native American Rock Art in the Sylvania Mountains, Nevada, David W. Valentine
- E=MC2: Implications of Power in Yuha Desert Geoglyphs, Jay C. von Werlhof
- The Power Rock, Bruce Boycks
- A Suspected Sunwatching Station in Cahuilla Territory of Southern California, David C. Brown, Jr.
- A Preliminary Evaluation of the Rock Art of the Granite Mountains, East Mojave Desert, California, Don D. Christensen, Jerry Dickey, and David Lee
- Watching for Sunwatchers, John Fountain
- Rock Art and the Origin of Theatre, Jon Nygaard
- A "Family Portrait" from Chadyr, Siberia, D.V. Cheremissin
- Style and Individual Identity in Rock Art Inventories, Don D. Christensen
- In Pursuit of the Esoteric: Some Philosophical Issues Regarding Rock Art Research, Jerry Dickey
- Rock Art of Southwestern Siberia, O. Winston (Bud) Hampton
- Where Opposites Meet: Mountain Lion Symbols as Hierophany, Bernard M. Jones, Jr.
- The "Calendar Woman," the Cult of the Goddess, and the Regulating Principle fo Fertility, Jon Nygaard
- The Faces of Canyonlands, Robert J. Pisapia
Coffee Table |
Book Links |
Used & Misc |
Order Form |
Order Info |