Rock Art of the Eastern Woodlands, Charles Faulkner, editor
1996, American Rock Art Research Association Occasional Paper Number 2, paper
136 pages, 45 b/w photos, 40 figures, 8 tables, 10 maps, 8-1/2" x 11"
Twelve papers presented at the Proceedings from the Eastern States Rock Art
Conference held at Natural Bridge State Park, April 10, 1993.
Papers and their authors include:
- Petroglyphs, Pictographs, and the Last Thirty-Five Years, James L. Swauger
- 3,500 Years of Shamanism in Maine Rock Art, Mark Hedden
- Sacred Places and Power Spots: Native American Rock Art at Middleborough, Massachusettes, Edward J. Lenik
- Ancient Images of Wisconsin, David C. Lowe
- Written in Stone: An Overview of the Rock Art of Illinois, Mark J. Wagner
- Missouri's Petroglyphs and Pictographs: Overview of a Statewide Survey and Analysis, Carol Diaz-Granados
- Petroglyphs and Pictographs in Kentucky, Fred E. Coy, Jr.
- Circle and Line Petroglyphs: Historic Carvings Mistaken for Prehistoric Petroglyphs, Charles D. Hockensmith
- Rock Art of Tennessee: Ceremonial Art in This World and the Underworld, Charles H. Faulkner
- Rock Art Distribution in North ALabama as a Function of Motif Style, B. Hart Henson
- Petroglyphs and Archaeoastronomy in Tennessee, Richard M. Mooney
- Virginia's Prehistoric Observatories, William Jack Hranicky
Coffee Table |
Book Links |
Used & Misc |
Order Form |
Order Info |
Last update: 08 September 1998